Major Cooper Collections
- The American Antiquarian Society's Special Collections on Cooper
- Because of a vigorous and generous acquisition program in the last decades of the last century, the American Antiquarian Society possesses the leading scholarly collection of Cooper first editions and printed texts through 1877, in English and in translation. The Society's on-going collecting efforts were enriched by the donation of James Franklin Beard's scholarly papers and his own personal collection of early texts. The Cooper family supplemented the printed collection by donating the manuscripts of The Bravo, The Chainbearer, The Red Rover and Satanstoe, as well as personal papers.
- Yale Collection of American Literature
- The Yale Collection of American Literature in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library has a major collection of Cooper texts and manuscripts, largely donated by the author's grandson.
- The Clifton Waller Barrett Library of American Literature
- Located at the University of Virginia, the Barrett collection is a major repository of printed texts and manuscripts, including The Pathfinder.
Last modified: January 14, 2009 08:57:55